Greenwood Fish Market is committed to protecting the personal information that you provide to us through our website located at www.greenwoodfishmarket.com (the Site). We recognize and respect the importance of protecting your personal information and believe that you should be aware of the precautions that we have committed to safeguard your privacy.
When you visit the Site, we collect “personally identifiable information” and “non-personal, aggregate information” as elaborated below.
"Personally Identifiable Information" refers to information that identifies you personally. Examples include your name, e-mail address, street address, telephone number or billing information. Here are some ways in which we may collect your personal information on the Site:
- When you register on the Site to make use of specific functions, such as the online order processing system from our “Fish market” section, you may be required to provide some personal information to create your account.
- When an enquiry or reservation booking is sent to us so that we can contact you and respond as needed.
We may use or disclose information about you in an appropriate manner for circumstances; or for what is considered appropriate to a reasonable person in the given circumstances, and only with your knowledge and consent in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you. We may use personally identifiable information to contact users in response to questions.
- To communicate with you. If requested, we will send you our newsletters using personally identifiable information.
- Personally identifiable information may be used by unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain the Site and provide other administrative services to us (This may include order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, etc).
- We may need to disclose personally identifiable information when required by law or if we have a good-faith belief that the action is necessary to comply with a pending judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on Greenwood Fish Market or to protect our rights or the rights of others, to fight fraud, identity theft, to ensure the integrity and operation of our organization and systems, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Greenwood Fish Market, its employees, members or others.
- We may track and analyze aggregate usage or volume statistical information from our users and provide such information to third parties. Third parties refer to involved parties in corporate reorganization processes which may include mergers, acquisitions, or sales of all our assets.
- To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from this Site. In the course of such verification, we may receive personally identifiable information about you from such services.
“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” can be technical or demographic information which does not identify you personally. Examples include your age, gender, or interests. The aforementioned general information regarding our users may be shared with third parties or trusted partners.
Even if you do not register an account with Greenwood Fish Market, we collect non-personally identifiable information about your use of the Site to better understand how we may improve and provide better services. For example, we may conduct research on our user’s demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to us upon registration.
- To accumulate and report anonymous, aggregate, statistical information on the Site.
- To stay in sync with general user-traffic patterns. Such data enables us to estimate the performance of each page on the Site or to grasp a better understanding of our user demographics
- Greenwood Fish Market may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our site experience.
- To be able to remember your computer's test results as you use our site.
Non-personally identifiable information may also be used in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information.
Certain features of the Site will require you to register an account. This process requires you to provide, maintain and update true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself. Greenwood Fish Market advises those users who do not wish to provide any such data requested by our registration process to refrain from registering with us as registration is not needed to view majority of the content on the Site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account details and for all activity made by you or anyone that uses your account. We will not be held responsible for losses incurred due to someone else using your account should you fail to safeguard your password.
We reserve the right to limit, suspend or deactivate your user account or any of your account privileges if you violate any of these terms & conditions or if deemed to do so for security reasons
The Site may contain links to other third party websites operated by companies that are not affiliated with Greenwood Fish Market and that do not have contracts to provide content or services through us. Once you exit the Site, please be aware that Greenwood Fish Market is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other links which may be accessible through the Site. We recommend that you review the privacy statements of each respective website visited.
Greenwood Fish Market will continue concerted efforts to prevent unsolicited (spam) e-mail from being relayed as we never send out such e-mails. Greenwood Fish Market considers spam to be violation of privacy and a misuse of the Internet in general. If you receive an unsolicited e-mail with a domain of Greenwood Fish Market's Site, please inform us immediately so that we can track down the offender and take any actions, legal or as is appropriate, to stop such spam messages.
Greenwood Fish Market strives to protect your personal information and privacy, but no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, Greenwood Fish Market will not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or share with us online and cannot be responsible for any instances of identity theft, destruction or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information. Any information you transmit to us is done at your own risk.
Whatever information is collected and stored with Greenwood Fish Market brings with it special obligations and responsibilities. Greenwood Fish Market will exercise utmost care and precaution to maintain the data's integrity, security, and privacy and we assure you that we will not sell or rent out such data.